We are now OVER halfway to our fundraising goal! Let’s spread the word even more and help us reach the goal and exceed it! Reblog this, post the link on facebook, twitter, friendster…myspace… (kidding) Really just any place that people would see it.
Help us furnish our newly opening infoshop.
So….we’ve come a long, long way since we started organizing to put into action our shared dream of creating an all ages community resource center and show space.
In the past year and half we’ve spent our time meeting, organizing, performing outreach and fundraising. Until recently we’d also been searching for our first home as an organization….but that search came to an end when we fell in love with a beautiful 1500 sq. ft. space in la puente. While we have enough cash to cover our initial first and last month’s rent….those costs will completely drain everything that we have generated through fundraising so far.
That’s where you come in…
Now that we’re on the cusp of moving into our first physical location we need one final fundraising push so that we can begin to transform the currently empty space, into a working resource center for the community that we intend to serve.
What your contributions will go towards…
-Bookshelves for our library
If you’re interested in helping us see this project through to fruition, please donate HERE.
We’ve created a page above with our chipin widget located on the page. If you’ve got a spare dollar or anything you could give, we would truly appreciate it. Thank you all so much in advance!
Unfortunately, we haven’t updated this page in quite a while! This is due, in part, to the fact that many of us have been so busy with the school. But fear not! We are as committed as ever and we continue to make huge strides towards our goal of getting Bridgetown up and running!
Sound and Fury 2011
- For those of you who were in attendance this year, we hope you were listening when Greg Bennick of TRIAL gave us a shout out on stage; footage will be posted soon!
- Tabling at S&F went extremely well! We sold a good number of the ‘Drug Free Bluth’ T-shirts and informed a ton of people on what Bridgetown DIY is trying to create.
Local (IE and SGV) Shows
- If you’ve been to shows in the IE or SGV recently, chances are you’ve seen our table! We’re continuing to table and spread the word about Bridgetown at local shows, in hopes of getting more people involved!
Meeting Times Have Changed!
- For those of you who would like to attend our open meetings (we hope there are allot of you!) our meeting schedule has changed!
- We now meet at 9:00 PM on Wednesday evenings in Pomona, CA. Please shoot us an email for the address! (email@example.com)
We’ve Created a ChipIn for Donations!
- We’ve created a ChipIn account, in hopes that those who wish to donate, can do so more easily.
- We chose ChipIn because the second you send us a donation, it goes immediately into our fund, rather than being held until we reach (or don’t reach) or intended goal.
- You can find our ChipIn widget below!
Please continue to check this page for updates and happenings concerning Bridgetown DIY!
We’re well along in the process of generating the funding for a space as well as funding for the process to achieve 501(c)3 Non-Profit Status. A big thanks to all of you who have donated, come to our benefit shows or even just taken notice of what we’re trying to do!
We Started a Distro!
That’s right, we’ve started a distro! and would like to thanks the bands who have donated their merch to us insofar; Liberaté, Save The SwimTeam, OnexChoice, Blind Nuns, Moldar/Matsuri and The Last Stand.
If you or your band has a Zine, Art, 7”, 10”, LP, CD etc. that you would like to donate to our distro, please contact us!
If you would like us to table at your event, or if you would just like to have a few fliers to help promote Bridgetown DIY, please feel free to contact us!
We will be tabling at Sound and Fury Fest in Santa Barbara! Come say hi!
Stay posted, there will be more news coming!
Thank you to everyone with the the L.A. Anarchist Bookfair Collective, for providing us with a table! Thank you to everyone who came out to the bookfair and checked us out! It was a rad day!